TECH TIP: 5 iPad tips you should know
1. View full URLs. In Safari, holding your finger on any hyperlink for a few seconds reveals the full URL and also allows you to copy that URL.
2. Full-screen videos. You can increase the size of a video to full-size screen by tapping twice on the video. Pinch the video to return it to its original size.
3. The Google Maps curl on the iPad. It’s not completely obvious when viewing a Google map on your iPad, but swiping the curl in the bottom-right corner reveals a menu of options for viewing Classic, Satellite, Hybrid, or Terrain maps, as well as traffic overlays.
4. Pin a location. On the Google Maps app, hold your finger on any point on the map for a few seconds to place a pin. A pop-up then displays options for accessing street view, getting directions, or sharing that location via email.
5. Convert your iPad into a Picture Frame slideshow. To enable Picture Frame mode, tap the flower icon in the bottom-right corner of the iPad’s Lock screen. To adjust your slideshow, select Settings, Picture Frame, and then select your desired images, transitions, and options. As a promotional device, you might set up an iPad in your company’s lobby to continuously display slides of your company’s products, services, or history. Note: If you use a Passcode Lock, you’ll need to go to Settings, General, Passcode Lock, and slide Picture Frame to On to enable Picture Frame mode from the Lock screen.