Many nutrition experts are proponents of at-home juicing for a number of reasons. Juicing is a great way to get nutrition including healthy enzymes and vitamins.
1. Less Expensive. Juicing some fruits and vegetables provides more bang for the buck than buying ready-made, processed juices or concentrates.
2. More Healthy.Many juices on the supermarket shelves have fillers, additives, colorants and preservatives. While the label may promise Vitamin C or Calcium, many of the vital, natural ingredients may be sacrificed for ready-made convenience.
3. Aids Digestion. Even though you won’t get the same fiber from juicing that you would from eating whole fruits and vegetables, your body will digest the other rich nutrients much easier.
4. Variety.One of the best things about juicing at home is that juice creations can be customized to fit the needs and palate of your family.
5. Taste.While many store bought juices are flavorful, there is perhaps nothing better than enjoying the rich, natural flavor of homemade juice.
6. Waste Not. When that orange peel starts to wrinkle or that tomato softens beyond sandwich perfection, juicing is a great way to get the benefits of the fruit or vegetable, thus saving money.
7. Compost. Most at-home juicers have a compost bin where the leftovers of the fruit and vegetables collect separate from the juice. This nutrient rich compost can easily be used in gardening compost bins, providing healthy, natural nutrition for young plants.
8. Preventing/Healing Illness. Juicing has been shown to have healing properties, largely due a boost in your immune system.
9. Meal Helper. Have you ever made soup and found that using a food processer left the base chunky and coarse? With a home juicer, you can make fresh vegetable bases for soups that will be smooth and taste delicious.
Originally posted and shared from: http://bit.ly/1hOJqcW, January 30, 2014